Here’s a lovely simple meal to use up all those courgettes and it’s absolutely delicious.
- 750 g courgettes, cut into 2 cm chunks
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar, according to taste
- handful of fresh dill or tbsp. dried dill
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 45 g butter or marg.
- 4 tbsp. yoghurt or single cream
- 1 tbsp. flour
- Prepare courgettes as above,
- fry onions gently for about 5 mins,
- add courgettes and continue until they are only just soft.
- Now add all seasoning, place a lid on the pan for a couple of minutes until you see a little juice.
- Add yoghurt and dust the flour over the courgettes and mix in gently,
- cook until slightly thickened and serve with French bread and butter or a tasty wholemeal loaf.